If you want to join us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently Wednesday open nights are suspended and membership tours are by arrangement only.
We also have a lot of information about membership in our handy guide.
If you’d like to become a member, email email@example.com
Membership is based on a ‘Pay What You Think Is Right’ system. Whatever you think is appropriate for how you use the space, that’s what your membership costs per month.
Perhaps you want to use the hackspace regularly, frequently using the consumables and tools to make stuff. Or perhaps you just want to support the Hackspace a little, making a small monthly contribution and dropping in from time to time. However you want to be involved, you decide on an appropriate membership fee.
To function and expand, Nottinghack needs your support. The hackspace is paid for entirely by membership fees, donations and workshop charges, and is run as a non-profit. Whatever money we make beyond the basic monthly costs of running the space is reinvested in consumables and tools for members to hack with.
If we are running a workshop and you want to get involved, or if you want to use some of the resources a donation is appropriate. Non-members are welcome to attend any workshop or event run by Nottinghack, and the charges for these are detailed in advance.
Advantages of Membership:
- An option to storage your projects at the space in a 37L Box
- Use of the Hackspace tools & equipment
- 24 hour access to the Hackspace
- WiFi access
- Use of shared components, consumables, donated items as well as tea & coffee
- Discounts on Events & Workshops
- A vote on purchases of new equipment
- Opportunity to run workshops if desired
- May attend the AGM and be elected to the Board of Trustees
There are only 2 rules about membership fees:
1. Members pay what they feel the space is worth to them for membership on a monthly basis.
2. If you are paying less than you are taking from the Hackspace you’ll be politely asked to increase your monthly payments.