Learn the basics of lockpicking in this all-levels workshop on Saturday, 23 January.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- The legal aspects and ramifications of owning, carrying, and using lockpicks and associated tools
- Which tools are available, the tools that we use, and the tools to avoid
- The techniques involved in picking standard pin tumbler locks
- Basic single-pin picking with specially-modified training locks
- Single-pin picking of unmodified locks containing security pins
Locks, picks, and more information will be provided, and picks will also be available for cash purchase on the day.
The 9:45am – 12:15pm, 12:30pm – 2:30pm, and 3pm – 5:30pm workshops are now SOLD OUT.
Please Note: This is not a locksmithing course. The Nottingham Hackspace advises against picking locks that are in use or picking locks you do not own or have permission to pick. Any person making references to any illegal activities related to the locks, the techniques being taught, or theft will be asked to leave without a refund.